Thursday, January 14, 2010

spring cleaning

> I went to my parents' house a couple weeks ago. They've been spending a lot of time going through files, boxes and shelves, getting rid of things that they have decided they can't justify keeping anymore. I have to admit there is something very free-ing about going through and trashing stuff you just don't need anymore.
> I subscribe to a couple different trade publications. They're perfect-bound, content and image-rich, and are more like books than magazines, so it's easy to justify keeping them. For awhile, I kept them all, but before a move one time, I took the time to thumb through some of the older issues, and found that technology had changed so dramatically in the couple of years since the issue was published, that I was able to throw away several older copies.
> I can always tell when it's time to go through and decide what to keep and what to trash. I finished reading an issue I received in last week's mail and there is no more room on my shelf...that's a sure sign that something's gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment