Tuesday, July 7, 2009

a happy face

> Isn't it refreshing to be around someone who's always happy and rarely complains? I think so. My younger sister is a great example of this, and a comment she made on Facebook earlier today inspired my blog/post.
> I've been a collector of quotes for years. I have notebooks and stacks of clippings that I enjoy perusing. In my monthly email newsletter, muse, I include a quotation, designed so recipients can print it for use as a bookmark, postcard, etc. I realized a long time ago that my collection is almost exclusively made up of positive and optimistic thoughts, and I thought it would be nice to share them. I'm not naturally as "pollyanna" as my sis, but I try. I guess I'm hoping that by collecting and sharing the thoughts, they might stick!
> Besides making us all more pleasant to be around, here are 3 business reasons to put on a happy face...
1-Stress Reduction: You feel stressed when you perceive events or situations as stressful. Change your perception. Instead of problems, see issues as challenges from which your company and you can ultimately benefit.
2-Fewer Sick Days: Stress can have a serious negative impact on your health and productivity.
3-Better Customer Relations: Customers prefer to deal with a positive person. Sales professionals who think positively have much better sales performance (these and other tips found at www.positive-attitude-tips.com).
> One final thought, pulled from my "happy book" of course: "Attitudes are contagious. Is yours worth catching?"

No comments:

Post a Comment